There are many program options listed in MyWorld. Most students find that MyWorld offers “too many” rather than “too few” opportunities. In general, students are encouraged to pursue programs that are listed in MyWorld and administered by UNL and/or its partner institutions and organizations. Pursuing an unlisted opportunity may require significant independence and maturity, as UNL does not have a formal relationship with the program and the program may not offer comprehensive student support services.
If you wish to seek academic credit on a program that is not listed in MyWorld, you must:
1. Carefully review the appropriate unlisted program brochure, depending on the program type and your status as an undergraduate, graduate/professional, or law student.
2. Search MyWorld for programs that are identical or very similar in nature.
3. Meet with a Coordinator to discuss the program.
4. Complete the appropriate unlisted program application, depending on the program type and your status as an undergraduate, graduate/professional, or law student.
Applications for Undergraduate Students
- Unlisted For-Credit Study
- Unlisted For-Credit Internship
- Unlisted For-Credit Research
- Unlisted For-Credit Service/Volunteer
Application for Graduate & Professional Students
Application for Law Students
For Students Pursuing Non-Credit University-Sponsored International Travel:
All undergraduate, graduate, and professional students are required to register their NON-CREDIT university-sponsored international travel no later than six weeks prior to their expected departure date, using the International Travel Registry for Students, the Global Experiences Office's international travel registration system.