Passports and Visas

All education abroad students are responsible for ensuring that they have the required and necessary travel documents in order and in hand prior to their program. The Global Experiences Office does not provide a service for passports or visas, but can recommend companies that do provide visa services for students who are traveling abroad. It is up to you to find out what you need based on your travel plans and your citizenship, and to take the necessary steps to ensure that you have the required documents before, during, and after your international experience. Not having your travel documents in order can jeopardize your eligibility to travel, and is not sufficient grounds for a refund of any fees paid or owed to UNL or the Global Experiences Office, so please read the following information carefully!

Make Photocopies of Travel Documents!

The Global Experiences Office recommends that you make two copies of your visa, passport, and other important documents. Keep one copy for yourself, and give another copy to a family member or friend in the U.S. It is important to have these on file in case you lose the originals! You might also consider scanning these documents so that you have an electronic copy on file.