Global Remote Internships
Gain real-world experience, grow your professional network, and earn academic credit - all without leaving home!
Format: Students are matched with an international organization based on their goals and interests. Participants will complete approximately 27 hours a week and participate in a weekly virtual career development course.
Length: Summer 2022: June 06 - August 12
Available Fields: Marketing, Communications, Business, Finance, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Tourism, Fashion, Film, History, Education, Psychology, Engineering, Environmental Science, Political Science, and more!
Location: Remote placements are available with organizations located in Australia, Spain, Vietnam, or Peru
Academic Credit: Upon completion, participants will receive a transcript for 6 transfer credits
Benefits of a Global Remote Internship
Skills: Boost your resume, make international connections, and learn important workplace concepts like project management and communications through technology.
Perspective: Collaborate across cultures and broaden your understanding of your professional field.
Flexibility: Flexible scheduling can allow you to fit a remote internship around your existing class and work schedule.
Accessibility: The cost of a remote internship is lower than the cost of a traditional education abroad program.
Upon completion, participants will receive a transcript for 6 transfer credits. Prior to beginning the program, participants will complete a Pre-Departure Credit Evaluation for the UNL department which they plan to transfer credit to. The total number and type of credit that is transferable is at the discretion of the UNL department. Education Abroad will facilitate the transfer of credit after the completion of the program.
|$1,925||Tuition and ISA Abroad administrative expenses|
|+ $100||UNL Education Abroad administrative fee|
|- $1,000||UNL Virtual Program Scholarship*|
|= $1025||What you pay!|
*Education Abroad is automatically awarding a new $1,000 scholarship to all UNL undergraduate students in good standing who participate in a Global Remote Internship. Gilman Scholars participating in the internship will not be awarded the scholarship because the Gilman Scholarship will cover the entire program cost.
Program price includes:
- Custom-matched internship placement
- Transcript for four semester credits
- Virtual orientation
- Professional Development Toolbox
- Personal career coaching
- SkillsSurvey assessment tool
- Professional development workshops
- Career readiness course with digital badge
- Cross-Cultural Toolkit
- Resources and activities to deepen your cultural learning
- Gilman Scholars may use their award.
- William H. Thompson Scholars may use their Susan Thompson Buffett Scholarship.
Federal Financial Aid:
- Certain scholarships and financial aid can be used to offset Global Remote Internships. Students can ask Husker Hub for guidance on applying the aid you already have.
Digital Marketing Intern
- Brainstorm and suggest creative social media posts
- Understand how onsite SEO works and create meta tags for new pages and link building strategies
- Learn to use various tools such as SEMRush, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster, etc.
Business Operations Intern:
- Help the team decide on products to be sold on Amazon
- Assist with write ups for product descriptions
- Collaborate with the team to improve client outreach
- Work on cost tables for shipping
Sports Marketing Intern:
- Assist with international expansion of the brand in the US and other emerging markets
- Conduct research into potential partners and sponsors
- Collect and build a database of qualified leads
International Business Intern:
- Learn the day-to-day workings of an international consulting firm
- Support the team by conducting market research
- Assist with email marketing campaigns and identifing social selling techniques
- Draft press releases for clients
- Track online coverage from releases and report radio spins
- Setting up end of job reports for clients
Students will be asked to complete two applications, a short application to UNL via MyWorld and an application to our partner education abroad company ISA. Both applications are due April 20th.
1. Apply on MyWorld
2. Apply on the ISA website3. Submit additional application materials such as your resume, unofficial transcript, and personal statement to ISA
4. Your application is sent to the ISA placement team
5. The placement team confirms your internship
Questions? Contact Education Abroad Coordinator, Stephanie Benes at firstname.lastname@example.org or click here to schedule an appointment.